Your Mark On The World combines inspiring stories of ordinary people doing remarkable things to make the world a better place with practical advice to empower anyone to give more to a cause (charity, non-profit or social venture) without giving up a career or family.
The inspiring stories include:
Botevy’s life and death struggle through Pol Pot’s killing fields that led her ultimately to create an orphanage in Phnom Penh.
Rick’s personal crusade to cure cystic fibrosis to ensure that his two afflicted grandchildren will attend his funeral and not the other way around.
The eight-member Smith family’s world service tour.
David’s decision to walk away from a successful career as an international executive to volunteer to care for victims of leprosy in rural India.
These stories are combined with practical financial advice to empower you to give more to a cause without giving up your family or your career.
The book answers these questions:
- How do I get out of debt and stay out of debt?
- Which charity or cause do I choose to make my donation?
- How do I decide where to volunteer?
- How can our family plan a volunteer vacation?
- How can I save money for retirement?
- How much should I contribute to my 401k?
- Can I use Mint to manage my budget?
- How to retire early enough to devote healthy years to volunteering?
This must-read book provides an overview of philanthropy in America and around the world, providing you with a clear picture of charity and its fruits. You’ll learn the ability to leave your mark on the world.
Newsletter Sign Up: http://bit.ly/NLQBn6
Tour Prize – 50 Amazon Giftcard and 5 Autographed Books Open US/ Can ends 11/18/2012 a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow the Tour
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Random Mommy is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment.