If you love pasta and veggies as much as I do, you will love this recipe for Bowtie Pasta Primavera. Just add bread and a salad to make a complete meal.
|Bowtie Pasta Primavera|| || |
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss all of the vegetables with oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to two heavy large baking sheets, arrange evenly over baking sheets.
- Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, about 8 minutes, until al dente (tender but still firm to the bite).
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine.
- Add cherry tomatoes and toss well, adding some of the pasta water if needed to moisten.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, serve immediately and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis, Everyday Italian