The Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is having a free live Q and A to help active families understand the risk factors of sudden heart failure in student athletes. We want to do what we can to help shed light on this issue.
Top 5 risk factors for sudden heart failure in student athletes:
- Family history of sudden death.
- Fainting or family history of fainting.
- Family history of arrhythmias or heart muscle disease.
- Participation in sports (particularly sports that require a burst of activity like basketball, hockey and football).
- Athlete has gone through puberty (an athlete’s body is stronger at this point and has power during the burst of activity).
This is a free, live, on-line Q and A where you can ask questions in real time. It’s a chance to talk to knowledgeable and experienced doctors and get answers right on the spot.
The Q and A takes place tomorrow April 9th from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST with Jeffrey Towbin, MD and John Lynn Jefferies, MD.
We will be hosting the live chat right here on our site! So come back to this blog post tomorrow and join in on the Q and A using the blog app below.
We would love for as many people as possible to benefit from this. Please feel free to help spread the word!