Halloween is almost here! My kiddos are super excited. Not only do they enjoy all the trick-or-treating and the candy that goes along with it, it’s also all the fun little things that we do together in the days leading up to Halloween.
We carve pumpkins, have fun deciding on what costumes will be this time around, do Halloween crafts, and sometimes we like to make fun little Halloween treats. For example, the other day we made some yummy truffles.
We had such a good time making them! I think my 6yr old got more on the counter than anywhere else, but oh well, it’s all a part of the fun! Here is the recipe if you would like to make these fun little treats too.
|Halloween Truffles|| |
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Halloween sprinkles
- Combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk in medium suacepan
- Cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 min), stirring quite frequently
- Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle
- Pour sprinkles onto plate or bowl
- Once cooled, drop a tablespoon of chocolate from pan into sprinkles.
- Roll in sprinkles to coat, form into balls.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate
My oldest daughter decided to get super creative and made this awesome witch. She told me to make sure I put it on my blog, she’s super proud of it. And my 6yr old made the pumpkin. 🙂
And if you’re looking for even more Halloween fun, check out these awesome recipes from two of my favorite bloggers:
Monster Snack Mix from Nifty Mom:
and Ghost Brownies from Maryland Momma’s Rambles: