If you lost energy in your home and couldn’t use electronics, what would you do to keep boredom at bay? I actually don’t mind the occasional power outage. It’s nice and quiet with no television, computer or humming of appliances. At least it’s nice at first. If the outage lasts too long it can get boring, especially for the kiddos.
Here is a list of some of the fun things to do when bored at home:
- Get a book to read or make up stories to tell each other.
- Play cards. Go Fish, War and Memory are popular in our home.
- Puzzles. G and I really love to do puzzles together. We are currently working on one of Cinderella’s Castle.
- Play Hide & Seek. This is fun when the power is out at night since you can only see where your flashlight shines. Just make sure you look around beforehand and pick up anything that you can trip over.
- Board Games. G loves playing board games and Monopoly is her favorite. She’s our little Monopoly Champ!
- Coloring. It never gets old. It’s still fun for me, even in my thirties.
Those are just some of the many fun things you could do to keep the family entertained.
What is your favorite thing to do when you lose energy in your home and can’t use electronics?
Image courtesy of twobee at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Kat H. says
I can never sit down and do a puzzle, I get annoyed too quickly. I have found Monopoly to ruin family’s and destroy marriages. I am not sure how you manage. 🙂
Kat H. recently posted..To Play in the Dark
Haven’t done puzzles in so long, think we need to go out and buy a few now. 🙂 As a just in case.
Homemom3 recently posted..Fun Things to Do with No Electricity
Coloring is our quick solution to boredom!! Works every time 🙂
Ashley recently posted..It’s #StarWarsTuesday! ~ My Little Star Wars Fan