If you’re looking for a sweet little chocolate treat for St. Patrick’s Day, you’ve come to the right place. I had planned on making them a little more green, but had a little trouble finding any green sprinkles that would work. Now, I guess you could say they’re chocolate truffles with just a little bit o’ green. 😉
|St. Patrick's Day Chocolate Truffles Recipe|| |
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- Lrg. container chocolate sprinkles
- green candy melts
- white chocolate chips (or white candy melts)
- Combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk in medium saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until thickened (10 min. or so)
- Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Pour sprinkles onto plate or in flat bottom bowl/container
- Once cooled, drop chocolate from pan into sprinkles by tablespoon fulls, a few at a time.
- Roll in sprinkles to coat, form into balls.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate
- After all truffles are formed, use melted white chocolate chips and green candy melts to decorate. (I just spooned it into sandwich bag and cut off a teeny corner of the bag)
Side note: Notice the little tin I used in the picture above says St. Paddy’s, not St. Patty’s? Well, I didn’t know it until recently when I read this article that Paddy is the correct spelling. I had been spelling it wrong all this time!